We Open Our Homes To Experience The World!
Welcome to Homestay Florida!
Homestay Florida partners with Florida private schools and camps of all kinds to provide admission support and housing for its international students with host families local to each campus. Since 2006, Homestay Florida has contributed to South Florida’s global community by welcoming hundreds of international students from China, Japan, S. Korea, Germany, Turkey, France, Russia, Finland, Israel, Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, Tortola BVI and Norway to name a few. We understand and appreciate cultural diversity and have created a program with this in mind. Homestay Florida provides cultural immersion, nurture, and ongoing support to their international students at home and at school to ensure optimal success.
Every student has different needs and expectations when moving to America and the adjustment can be challenging. There is a growing number of international students who are requesting the comfort and convenience of living with a host family over a boarding school experience. Homestay with an American family provides students with an environment that ensures privacy and strengthens independence, while enhancing language skills and insight into local customs and culture.
Properly matching students with carefully screened and approved host families is vital to our success. SKYPE, WhatsApp, and WeChat video technology have served as best methods to meet and learn about our students. This is a great opportunity for International parents to say hello and ask questions. Translation technology has made this easy and comforting. By acquiring both student and host family detailed profiles, we can select the best homestay match for each placement. Homestay Florida takes into consideration a home’s proximity to school and camp, student/host family mutual interests, and student meal preferences in order to qualify an appropriate homestay.
Although a few of our host families are multi-cultural, English is the primary language spoken in all of our homes. Both students and host families mutually agree to homestay rules of conduct, responsibilities, and expectations prior to formal student placement.
At Homestay Florida, students are immediately treated as one of the family, and no detail is overlooked!
The following is a “snapshot” as to what we provide:
- Safe and nurturing host families for international students attending Florida Schools and Camps.
- Training and ongoing support for qualified host families.
- Mandated FDLE background checks for all families along with continual monitoring.
- Promote social activities that encourage family and student bonding.
- Ensure that the general academic needs at school are addressed for each student.
- Coordinate with school’s Guidance Counselor to make certain that student needs are understood and met
- Provide school administration and teachers with host family contact information.
- Assist host family to get involved with student’s academic progress by attending important school events to include college counseling, career visits, sporting events and fine arts presentations.
Our student homestay opportunities create memories that will last a lifetime!