What are the responsibilities of a Guardian?
In Your Home:
- The family should provide meals for the student and treat the student as one of the family.
- Ensure that the student informs you them of where the student will be when away from the home, and at what time the student expects to be home.
- There should always be a responsible adult at home during the evenings.
- It is not considered appropriate for a student under the age of 18 to live with a single male.
- Attend school meetings deemed necessary by the principal on behalf of the parents..
- Ensure the student has regular and punctual school attendance. Failure to meet school attendance requirements can lead to the cancellation of the student visa.
- Liaise with the school guidance counselor or applicable coordinator concerning student behavior, conduct or any issues that may affect the student’s progress.
- Notify the school to request leave for the student for medical, dental or any other appointments, specifying the dates and times of their absence.
- Assist the student in seeking necessary medical attention, and obtain proper medical documents from Homestay Florida.
- Contact Homestay Florida immediately in case of an accident, serious illness, or medical emergency.