Fees and Conditions: 2015-2016
|postgraduate STUDENT & INTERN PARTICIPANTS||HOMESTAY — option # 13 Meals Daily||HOMESTAY — option # 22 Meals Daily||HOME SHARENo Meals|
|DAMAGE DEPOSIT FEE:||$100 (refundable)||$100 (refundable)||$100 (refundable)|
|PLACEMENT FEE:||$500 (student only)||$500 (student only)||$500 (student only)|
|FEATURES & BENEFITS:||
|HOST FAMILY MONTHLY FEE:||
Payment is to be via Cash, Money Order, or Cashier’s Check. No wire transfer or Western Union payments will be accepted.
Placement Conditions: * Minimum of a 4 Full Calendar Month homestay commitment is required (comparable to a one semester term).
Placement Fee is payable to Homestay Florida prior to formal student placement into homestay.
Placement Fee Includes:
* Support during student application process
* Liaison with student’s agent or parents as required
* Host family residence visit and approval process
* Ensuring that all appropriate host family authority clearances are in place
* Selection and training of host family
* Placement of student (student & host family profile matching)
* Follow up support as required at any time during first month of placement
Study Term Homestay Fee:
Study Term Homestay Fee will vary depending upon student’s selected housing accommodation. Regardless of which placement option you choose, you should be prepared to provide the following to us upon your arrival:
Each by separate Cash, Money Order, or Cashier’s Check:
1. $600 ($500 placement fee, $100 damage deposit) = to Homestay Florida.
2. $600, $700, or $800 (1st month homestay “acclimation term“) = to the host family.
For homestay months 2-4, you will provide this to your host family ‘in full’ if after the 1st month, you and they mutually approve of the homestay arrangement. And if not, then Homestay Florida will do its best to secure another homestay for you.
Assuming that all does well with the first placement, beyond these first 4 months you and the host family may mutually agree to a continued homestay arrangement with no further involvement from Homestay Florida. You would simply pay them every month moving forward.
Finally, please keep in mind that you must have ALL of the above prior to homestay placement. There are NO exceptions.
* Homestay Damage Deposit Fee is refundable (less damages) and only following completion of accepted homestay placement term.
* NO refund will be issued if student chooses to depart from homestay after committing to the 4 month minimum term.
* All homes are located within approximately a 45 minute commute by Broward Transit bus to the student’s place of study. Transportation provided by either bus or by the student (if available). Students are encouraged to purchase a Broward County Transit discounted College Student Bus Pass: $50 monthly.
Why You Should Choose Homestay Florida…! :
Homestay also provides you with a private bedroom, a private or shared bathroom (same sex), internet access, and a means of transportation to and from school. All of our host families are carefully screened and pass both a state and national background check.
Placing you into a safe environment is our top priority!
Regardless of your preferred housing option, we have come to believe that we offer you a truly unparalleled value price for all that you would receive within a homestay environment. Please keep in mind that homestay also allows students to avoid the hassles of finding an apartment close to school, renting furniture, setting up utility accounts, and for most students, having to shop for and prepare your own food.
We take pride in the fact that all of our homestay students are welcomed and immediately treated as a part of an American family, and we have been accommodating homestay for international students within Broward County since 2006.
We have taken great care to explain just about every aspect of homestay on our website. Please refer to the “Students” section pages for complete information, starting with the Student FAQs. You will also benefit from reading through the “Host Families” section pages to get an idea of what host families expect from the homestay experience as well.
To begin your memorable homestay experience, please promptly complete your Student Online Application and Profile. The student profile that you provide to us will allow us to properly locate and match you with the type of host family that suits you best.
- Homestay Florida makes every effort to select honest and bona-fide host families. Host families are carefully screened and submit to a state and national criminal background check. Each home is pre-inspected for suitability to host an international student. Despite our due diligence, Homestay Florida cannot be held responsible for any undesirable or negligent actions by the host family.
Conditions & Cancellation Policy:
- All damages are the responsibility of the student.
- Please note that accommodation will not be confirmed until the Homestay Damage Deposit, Home Placement Fee, and Semester Homestay (college and university students) or Study Term Homestay (language school students) fees are paid in full.
- Homestay Damage Deposit Fee is refundable following completion of accepted homestay placement term. This fee in non-refundable in the event of student cancellation of the arranged homestay.
- All payments to Homestay Florida must be paid by either check or wire transfer. If payment is made by wire transfer, then an additional $35 wire transfer fee is assessed.
- Homestay placement is for a minimum of 4 months (over a one semester term).
- A partial, prorated refund of homestay fees is only provided in extreme circumstances ,determined solely at the discretion of Homestay Florida, after the student’s arrival.
- If a student wishes to change his/her Homestay Florida accommodation, the student must inform Homestay Florida and provide a two weeks advanced notice in order to allow Homestay Florida to locate another suitable Homestay Florida host family accommodation.
- If a student wishes to change his/her Homestay Florida accommodation a second time, then an additional Home Placement Fee will apply. A change of family after the initial relocation will be treated as a new placement and a new fee will be assessed.
Signing the Student Online Application Form and/or moving in to your assigned homestay indicates that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Homestay Florida as outlined above.